Shawn Curtis George is identified as the man murdered on PoCo Trail on Saturday evening
What is known to date.
- On February 11th around 10pm a badly injured man was found on the PoCo Trail a few hundred feet behind the Hyde Creek Recreation Centre.
- The man died of his injuries which appear to indicate foul play.
- IHIT was called in to assist the Coquitlam RCMP with the investigation.
- An autopsy has not yet been conducted to identify cause of death.
- The victim has been identified as Shawn Curtis George who was 44 years old.
- George moved to the Tri-Cities from Penticton in January.
- George had a criminal record and offenses relates to violence, drug and property crimes.
- Neighbours of the crime scene say homeless people have been known to live in the woods near by.
- Investigators are still working to determine a motive.
Anyone who knew George or has had contact with him recently is asked to contact the IHIT information line at 1-877-551-IHIT (4448) or by email, or contact Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-TIPS (8447).
The Integrated Homicide Investigation Team (IHIT) has identified the body found on a popular Port Coquitlam trail on Saturday night. The victim is 44-year-old Shawn Curtis George. He was a resident of the Tri-Cities area and was known to police. On Feb.
BC News Video from February 11th when the body was found.