Shawn Curtis George is identified as the man murdered on PoCo Trail on Saturday evening
What is known to date.
- On February 11th around 10pm a badly injured man was found on the PoCo Trail a few hundred feet behind the Hyde Creek Recreation Centre.
- The man died of his injuries which appear to indicate foul play.
- IHIT was called in to assist the Coquitlam RCMP with the investigation.
- An autopsy has not yet been conducted to identify cause of death.
- The victim has been identified as Shawn Curtis George who was 44 years old.
- George moved to the Tri-Cities from Penticton in January.
- George had a criminal record and offenses relates to violence, drug and property crimes.
- Neighbours of the crime scene say homeless people have been known to live in the woods near by.
- Investigators are still working to determine a motive.
Anyone who knew George or has had contact with him recently is asked to contact the IHIT information line at 1-877-551-IHIT (4448) or by email, or contact Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-TIPS (8447).
The Integrated Homicide Investigation Team (IHIT) has identified the body found on a popular Port Coquitlam trail on Saturday night. The victim is 44-year-old Shawn Curtis George. He was a resident of the Tri-Cities area and was known to police. On Feb.
BC News Video from February 11th when the body was found.
Find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions in Google Maps.