Port Coquitlam non-profit groups and individuals seeking operating or project funds to benefit the community are invited to apply for a grant from the city.
The City of Port Coquitlam is accepting applications until Apr. 30 for its Self-Help Matching Grant Program and for the second round of its 2018 Community Cultural Development Investment Program (CCD).
Self Help Matching Grants: Non-profit Port Coquitlam schools, sport, arts, environmental and community-service groups are eligible to apply for matching funds between $1,000 and $10,000 for a future project that will take place within Port Coquitlam. Projects can include new construction or upgrades of facilities, sports fields, parks, playgrounds, environmental habitat, indoor sports area or for specialized equipment.
CCD Program: Port Coquitlam organizations and individuals that offer quality arts, heritage and cultural activities to the community are eligible to apply for grants of up to $5,000 in the following categories:
- Project and Festival – up to $5,000 for not-for-profit organizations applying for arts, culture, heritage projects/events.
- Capacity Building Program – up to $5,000 for an organization’s strategic development.
- Professional Development Program – up to $1,000 for individual professional development.
- Community Initiative Program – up to $2,500 for new arts, culture and heritage groups, collectives or individuals who do not have not-for-profit status but who have projects that serve the community.
- Operating – for overall operating costs of well-established non-profit organizations)
A review committee will rank applications based on project budget, community support, benefit to the community, ability to deliver the project, and project design. The decisions will be announced by the end of July.