Local Mounties are trading their red serge for volleyball uniforms this Friday evening as the 19th Annual Red Serge Classic Senior Girls’ Volleyball Tournament gets underway at Riverside Secondary School.
This a community building activity we look forward to each year, says Constable Laura Baker with the Coquitlam RCMP.
With amazing student athletes travelling in from around the province, we don’t expect to win, however our police officers, volunteers and staff take pride in the fact that we can connect with the spectacular young women who we play against.
Where: Riverside Secondary School (2215 Reeve Street, Port Coquitlam)
When: Starts on November 2nd, 2018, at 5:15 p.m. and continues through November 3rd, 2018
Who: Ten of the best BC senior girls’ volleyball teams, including the host Riverside Rapids
The opening ceremonies will include:
- Coquitlam RCMP officers in Red Serge marching into the gym at 5:15 p.m.
- Welcoming remarks by Vice Principal JJ Hyde
- Keynote speech by Inspector Nav Hothi, Community Programs Admin Officer of the Coquitlam RCMP
Following the opening ceremonies, the public will be treated to a speed spike competition and an exhibition game between the High School All Stars and the Coquitlam RCMP.
*All events are open to the public*
- Riverside Rapids – Port Coquitlam
- Handsworth Royals – North Vancouver
- Lord Tweedsmuir Panthers – Surrey
- Pacific Academy Breakers – Surrey
- Kelowna Owls – Kelowna
- Earl Marriott Mariners – Surrey
- Langley Lightning- Langley
- Mission Roadrunners- Mission
- Moscrop Panthers – Burnaby
- Belmont Bulldogs- Victoria