From Reeve St in the West to Mary Hill Rd in the east and from Whyte Ave in the north to Lobb Ave in the south.
Criminal activity in this hotspot during the reporting time frame:
- Break-in to businesses.
- Theft from vehicles.
- Safety & prevention tips
Tips for protecting yourself against crimes listed above:
Break-in to businesses:
- Provide staff with customer service training.
Friendly staff who greet and talk with customers can deter would-be criminals.
- Install a quality security system and use it.
- Avoid covering windows with advertisements to allow passerbys a view into your business.
- Learn more ways to protect your business.
- Remove all valuables including garage door openers.
- Use anti-theft device.
- Park in well-lit/well-populated areas where
natural surveillancecan serve as a deterrent.
- Find out more ways to protect yourself from vehicle crime.
If you see something…say something
- The Coquitlam RCMP urges area residents to call 604-945-1550 to report anything suspicious and to call 9-1-1 to report crime in progress. The information you provide to us, no matter how minor it seems to be, is very valuable and we need your help to keep our community safe.
- Visit our website for information on joining Coquitlam RCMP’s Block Watch.
2018-12-06 CompStat Alert